One of the most stressful life experiences is the process of going through a divorce or separation.
The process and the emotions associated with it are all-consuming, making it a particularly stressful period in a person’s life.
Marilyn Stowe, and English family law, outlines the importance of self-care during a family breakdown by addressing 7 tips to help people dealing with a stressful divorce of separation:
- Taking the time to voice your concerns and talk things through with a family member, friend, counsellor or support group.
- Engaging in regular exercise to improve your mood and overall wellbeing.
- Taking time for yourself and prioritising self-care.
- Learning to control your own reactions and letting go of what you cannot control.
- Allowing yourself to face the emotions involved in the process and learning to accept them.
- Reminding yourself that you are not alone.
- Recognising that a divorce or separation is a lengthy process and taking the time you need is important.
If you are going through a divorce or separation and require advice, please do not hesitate to contact Rowan Skinner & Associates Lawyers.