Rowan Skinner is a former barrister of the Victorian Bar and an LIV Accredited Family Lawyer in Melbourne who specialises in all matters related to divorce and separations.
The question is, how can we help you with your property settlement?
We can give you:
- Advice to enable you to settle the matter yourself;
- Advice to connect you to other professionals, e.g. psychologists;
- Act for you to negotiate with the other side; and
- Represent you if court proceedings have been issued, or need to be issued.
As accredited and experienced family lawyers, we have helped clients navigate complicated and heated separations. We have substantial experience in complex property settlements that involve trusts, companies and international assets. If you are having problems with property disputes in your separation or divorce, contact us for advice.
We offer a free no obligation consultation, so we can understand your situation and provide realistic advice based on the facts.
Please refer to our blog for information concerning the basic process for property dispute resolution (see ‘How Does the Court Divide Property’):
- Clarify what property (assets) there is, and what mortgages or loans are attached to all property;
- Establish how each spouse contributed to the accumulation of property in both financial and non-financial way, including home maker contributions;
- Establish any special needs for each partner. This can include age, illness, retraining for employment, cost of caring for children and other factors; and
- Establish a just and fair way to divide up property based on the findings above.
We recognise the value of settling matters early. This can save both costs and stress. If this is not possible, we can also represent you in the Family Court or Federal Circuit Court.
Our team can negotiate a suitable settlement and also prepare the necessary legal documents.
For more information from an experienced property settlement lawyer in Melbourne, Fitzroy, Thornbury, Northcote, Clifton Hill, Kew, South Melbourne, Toorak, Richmond, and other areas, contact us on (03) 9995 9155.
What our clients are saying about our family law service
I regularly refer my clients to Rowan Skinner and Asc when they need representation. My clients have consistently had excellent advice and successful outcomes through Rowan’s representation at Court and when negotiating settlements. These proven results in combination with Rowan’s personal ability to engage with a diverse range of people, ensures that I will continue to refer my clients who need a family lawyer in Melbourne.
Rowan represented me in the Magistrates Court and the County Court in relation to very serious charges. Rowan was thorough, professional and diligent in his preparation and responded appropriately to my needs. I was acquitted of all charges.
I run a commercial law practice and frequently refer clients to Rowan for assistance and advice with family law. Rowan is a family law specialist: this means he is independently verified as having required skills and clients can have confidence in his ability and ethical standards.
I have a Mortgage Broking business with a large number of clients who having varying needs. I have referred many clients who want an excellent Family Law Specialist to look after them during what are difficult times. I have even referred family members to Rowan as I know he will look after them compassionately and professionally. I have no hesitation in recommending him and his services.